Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Twas the day before chemo

Breast cancer timeline until now:
Went for a routine mammogram on July 22. It came back abnormal so was scheduled for a biposy on a lump in my left breast and a questionable lymph node. The tests came back positive for breast cancer. We met with the breast surgeon at crystal run middletown as well as the oncologist. The next few weeks were full of tests as well as a second opinion meeting at Sloan Kettering. We liked the order of things at Sloan Kettering (surgery, chemo, radiation) so on August 20 I had a lumpectomy as well as axillary lymph node removal. The pathology came back on that and they removed a 1.3 cm invasive ductal lump and 41 lymph nodes - 24 cancerous, 2 of those microscopic. This pretty much puts me in stage 3. I am estrogen and progesterone negative and I do not have the cancer gene. Still waiting on the HER2 test. I had a mediport ("power port") put in last week under my collarbone and that is where all my injections will be administered. Also had my first colonoscopy and endoscopy - had some polyps removed and I have a small ulcer. Also got my first flu shot. Whew. I will go ahead with the blog but will backtrack a bit to add some things that I am thankful for.

And you can really backtrack to 2010 where I had to create a blog while at SUNY New Paltz and you can see some of my ceramic works.

No comments:

Post a Comment